Sunday, July 9, 2017

Loving and Loathing Twitter: Part Deux

Last week, I wrote a post called "Loving and Loathing Twitter." After immersing myself in Twitter for this class, I am feeling a lot more love and a lot less loathe.  I've really enjoyed connecting with you guys and learning more about Web 2.0-based learning and performance.  And, for those of you who gave me support to go down the water slide on the 4th of July... it still hasn't happened.  Womp.  Hopefully, I'll go before I head back to the U.S. on Friday!

For those of you who are still unsure about Twitter (or may have some the of the gripes listed in my previous post), I offer some advice to you:

  • Make Twitter your own.  Work/school-related? Keeping up with friends? Following celebrities/athletes? Staying up-to-date with current events?  Maybe a mixture?  
  • Clean-up your "Following" list.  I looked through mine last week and unfollowed people/accounts for various reasons.  Which brings me to my next piece of advice...
  • Yes, follower reciprocity is polite.  You follow me, I follow you.  Yay!  But, sometimes I get really random followers.  If I don't know them or of them, I usually won't follow back.  This helps keep my feed more manageable.  A lot of these people/accounts are just fishing for followers, anyway.
  • Hashtags are a great way to navitage Twitter.  Use them!
If you have any other Twitter advice, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment